Thursday, July 1, 2010

The 1995 "Chris" Set

This is simply so good I had to share. So I'm working on a super-secret project, which required me to go through some old stuff. Whilst going through said stuff, I came across a bunch of hard plastic trading card cases. I pulled them out and I found a bunch of old hockey "cards" that I drew back in 1995, when I was 13 years old!

This was quite a set, a "who's who" of hockey in the 1994-95 NHL:


Doug Gilmour - Brendan Shanahan - Martin Brodeur - Theoren Fleury - Mike Modano - Jason Arnott - Chris Pronger


Wayne Gretzky - Pavel Bure - Alexandre Daigle - Mario Lemieux - Teemu Selanne - Guy Carbonneau - Eric Lindros - Brett Hull

I love that I actually tried to put some of my own style into the backgrounds: the simple two-tone color blocks behind each logo, the simple borders for names and position (and of course my "95 Chris" branding).

As much as I miss being a kid, finding stuff like this just hardens my resolve that when I have kids - I'm going to just give them a box of markers and let them go to town...

No comments: